Saturday 23 February 2013

Stashbusting Sewalong

I've mentioned before that I like challenges. Sometimes the more the merrier. I know I'm not always going to complete them, but I'll at least have done more than if I hadn't done the challenge.

Enter, The Stashbusting Sewalong. I came across this challenge while reading Verdant's blog post on it. I wanted to do it. But given it was such an open ended challenge, in that you state how much stash you're going to use, I wanted to make it something I would totally achieve. So I've been sitting on it, mulling it over, trying to work out what would be a good achievement, a bit of a stretch to do, but not so much that I wouldn't complete it. Because sometimes life (aka, small child) really get in the way of my good intentions and crafting. But tonight I think I finally worked it out, using up 12 pieces of stash, one a month. Which is awesome, as I've already used up two piece of stash fabric this year. Plus I've used one of the pieces I bought myself, and the other two I've bought are for my course, which starts this coming week.

So, here goes....

I, Holly,commit to using 12 pieces of stash fabric in 2013. 
Additional: I also commit to using at least two thirds of all new fabrics that I buy myself this year. 

I thought about my additional being using up at least half of fabrics that get added to my stash this year, but I decided not to. Mainly because I get given fabrics that I love, but that I'm not yet sure what to make with. So they're fine, but not spending money on something unless I know what I'm going to make with it. Only using two thirds of the fabrics I buy, is because sometimes you decide that the fabric isn't going to work for what you bought it for. 

Anyway, now that I've written all that down before I forget it, and before I can chicken out of public accountability, I'm going to go work on an unfinished project, made from stash fabric (I'm still cutting part of it, it totally counts, right?). Might even manage to finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment