Friday 10 October 2014

Christmas Crafting already, I feel organised

I realised last week that it was October. For the past couple of years I've done '31 Days of Unfinished Projects'. I didn't even realise this year. Mainly I think because I'm no longer following any blogs that do it, so no reminders. I'm happy about this. Even though I do enjoy that yearly plunge into my UFO cupboard.

I'm working on Christmas crafting instead. Which is just crazy. Like I've got a little notebook, and have started writing in it what I'm planning to make for people for Christmas.

The main reason for doing this is I made a Brickless (seriously, I love this pattern, and I can say this even after frogging three times in the current one, once frogging 10% of it, half of what I'd done, for a mistake made 2 days earlier) for a friend after she commented on my one. I really should get around to finishing blocking them and actually writing about them. Anyways, she asked if she could commission me to make some for her as Christmas gifts. I said yes. Maybe I'm crazy, but she's a good friend, the one who always gives of her time to help me declutter and organise. Plus I needed a simple project for after dinner crafting. Bonus was I had the yarn for two of them already in my stash, yarn I'd been offered, said yes to because it was so pretty, but had no idea what to make into. So stashbusting for the win.

The other bonus of doing this, was I realised I really should work out what I'm going to make people for Christmas, so that I could make sure I had enough time to do everything. I really dont' need last minute stress this year. I've had enough stress this year to last me for ages.

We do 'secret Santa' in my family for the adults. It's not so secret anymore, it used to be, now we just work out who's doing who and go for it. My husband has my Mum, so I'm making something for her. Plus a sister commented on the Hungry Caterpillar Dress, so I am making her daughter a couple in that style for Christmas. Already have the fabric for one, even have it prewashed and ironed. By the time I add in my mother in law and aunty in law, that's a bit of crafting. I guess I like making things for those I know will appreciate it.

I kind of can't believe I'm talking about Christmas in October, but I'm still of the opinion that the only shops allowed Christmas stuff up before December are craft shops, because crafting takes time.

So I'm going to go enjoy the quiet that is currently my house, curl up on the couch with some tv and keep working on my Christmas crafting. Who knows, I might even get it all finished before the last minute....

2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting on to Christmas crafts already. I've got most of my Christmas presents sorted - but that's only because I bought presents for my immediate family when we were overseas. But now I'm thinking of the presents that are left to get/make. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best things about travelling, finding presents for people, I always try to do that. Enjoy the planning and making :)

      Delete