Saturday 10 November 2012

13 by 2013

I did this last year, except then it was 12 by 2012. I've decided I'm going to do it again. I know I've already mentioned it, but I've been working on my list for the past few days. That and as I blogged nearly every day last month, I kinda wanted a break.

I have pulled together a list of 13 things that I would like to do by the end of the year. Some of them are small, some of them are a bit more time consuming or challenging. For me this is about the challenge. I'll probably have to push myself to get things done. And even if I don't get it all done, having something to work towards means that I'll get more done that if I hadn't set this challenge.

My List:

  1. Write up a plan for my sewing room: My sewing room isn't working for me. I don't like the storage I currently have, and it's set up in a way that isn't user friendly for me. So I want to plan what I'm going to do with it so that it works and I use it.
  2. Install the cat door: The cat door broke. Wouldn't really be a problem as it's under the house, but a neighbors cat keeps coming in, eating Midnight's food and scrapping with her. Very disturbing at 3am. So I've bought a microchip door and just need to install it.
  3. Install sensor light: The steps from our car to our front door are uneven, both in height and depth. I really don't know what the person who put them in was thinking. They also have wall on both sides of them, so at night it's hard to see them. I've bought a battery operated sensor light, I just need to install it.
  4. Paint Guinevere's window wall: My brother's bare feet on the wall under his computer desk when he lived with us have worn away some of the paint. My plan is to repaint that wall as a feature wall.
  5. Donate stuff that is already downstairs: There is a HUGE pile of stuff taking up space downstairs that needs to go down to the opshop. Some of it has been sitting there for months. I just need to get rid of it so I've got space down there again.
  6. Plan all Christmas gifts, cards, tasks and timeframe it all: I like lists/plans. Plus it means I know what needs done so I don't forget things.
  7. Clean the fridge: All the shelves need washed, 'nuff said.
  8. Birth samplers and cushion covers to Opal: The samplers just need frames and the covers just need sewn. Plus with Mum and Dad visiting at the end of the month, I can get them to take them down and save myself the postage.
  9. Finish black baby singlet: I knitted it for Guinevere, it's going to be too small for her. But I have a friend with a new baby, and babies always need woolens. So I can finish it and pass it on to her.
  10. Fix broken blind in the lounge: One of the cords on the Roman blind has broken, so it doesn't go up neatly. It's just annoying, and shouldn't be too big a job to fix.
  11. Go through Guinevere's clothes: A bunch of her clothes are getting to small for her. I also have a box of clothes that are the next size up. So need to cull the small clothes, add in the bigger clothes and work out what she's lacking. Especially now that we're moving into warmer weather.
  12. A's felt alphabet: I'm making a felt alphabet for a friend's 2yo daughter. All of the letters, plus a few extras so she can spell 'Mum', 'Dad' and her name.
  13. Finish more projects than I start: This is kinda a general one, but follows on from my 31 days of unfinished projects. I finished the months with a net decrease on my projects list and I'd like to continue that trend. I will be starting new projects as Christmas presents and possibly just as I see things I'd like to make. But I will finish the year with a smaller unfinished project list. 
That is my plan, lets see how I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment