#12 on my list was to organise the nappy change items beneath Guinevere's bassinet. I did that. Then I realised that the entire area needed sorted for me to be happy with it.
Here is what I started with:
It's such a cluttered mess. It makes me cringe looking at it. I was amazed when I looked at the photo of it just how much clutter I wasn't noticing. I think I'm going to have to do the same with the rest of the house as I work my way through it.
This is what I finished with:
It looks so much better. One change has been setting up the change table permanently in the bathroom door alcove, it's making it so much easier to change her nappy. Much easier than hauling it out each time I need it or just changing her on the bed. I think my back is thanking me for it as well. The nappy change items are now corralled in one container:
So much easier to find what I need. The ice cream container holds cut up chux cloths with water to wipe her with rather than using wipes. I've gone this way as it's environmentally friendly and it works out cheaper. Win/win. Under the cloths are old fashioned cloth nappies, used when burping and put under her when she's being changed. My pile of cloth nappy inners on the right, a couple of disposables, dry wipes to dry her off after cleaning her and a box of nappy liners. The only thing not shown is the bucket for dirty nappies.
I also managed to find the magazine with my sock pattern in it, so I can get on and finish that.
This means I've now done 3 of my 12. Yay, I'm 1/4 of the way there. Unfortunately, I've done the small projects, I'm still working on the bigger, more time consuming ones. This means I really need to spend more time on them. Especially as I've only got 7 weeks left in the year.
But not today. Today I'm working on a sewing project for a friend's son.