Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 16: Knitting.

Today was a good day, so gorgeous and sunny. Guinevere spent time playing on the balcony with a jam pan partially filled with water and some brightly coloured stacking cups. I got about 30 minutes of knitting while she happily played. I also had a friend over, who I hadn't seen in ages, so lots of chatting while knitting. The baby blanket is now getting very closed to finished. I need to do about another 8 rows (I think) of the pattern, then 4 rows garter stitch and it should be done. I don't think I'm going to have enough charcoal wool to do that many rows, so I'll have to look in the stash and find a colour that will go with it, so it will have a stripe at the top.

I also found out today that a skein of custom dyed wool that I'd requested got dyed today and will be in the post to me later this week. I can't wait to get it. It may mean casting on another project..... I do have a new project that I have to start this week. We're away for the weekend and my husband needs a new pair of pants, so I am going to make them, as I have everything that I need for them. Just need to draft the pattern of his existing ones and sew them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment