Monday 29 October 2012

Day 29: Knitting

No surprises today, I worked on the hat. Not quite gotten as much as I'd like done on it today, but I haven't gone to bed yet, so there is still time.
Currently this is how it looks




I'm currently working on the decreases at the top to finish it off. Am having trouble, as I'm trying to work out how to do it on a circular needle, normally I'd use double pointed ones, but I don't have any 4mm ones. Excuse to learn something new.

I read a fantastic article online today, on the ideal number of knitting projects to have on the go. Apparently 5. I had a think about it. Sounds pretty good to me. I like having several projects on the go, I get bored with just one. I like variety too much. So I had a look at how many projects I currently have cast on. 4 it turns out. One of which is the hat, which is nearly finished. One of the others is a girls dress (sized for a 2yo), I'm thinking I'm going to frog it. I am not sure where I have put the pattern, I keep finding it then losing it again. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. Also it's in acrylic, and while the colours are pretty, I'm reaching the point where I don't want to knit something for a child if it isn't in natural fibres. Even if I am over half way through knitting this dress. Which would bring me down to two projects. I'll probably frog it by the end of the month, just to have another project off my list. Which isn't a bad motivation for doing something.

I said in my post that I was meant to put up yesterday that my mission for November is to work on my sewing room. This isn't me saying I want to get it finished, I think that is unrealistic, but progress would be nice. Even a plan of exactly how I want it set up and what storage I want in there would be great. One of the reasons that I need it more user friendly in the near future is that I have several craft projects planned as Christmas presents for people, and I intend to get started on them next month. So I'd like a usable space to do that in. Because if I use the dining table I'll have to clear it up all the time, which takes time away that I could spend getting the project done. Or if I leave it there, it clutters up communal areas of the house, which really isn't fair on my husband, as we both have our own rooms (mine sewing/crafting and him computer) so that we don't clutter up communal areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment